New Lexington Administration
Eric Emmert, Administrator
215 South Main Street
New Lexington, OH 43764
Fax (740) 342-1292
DATE: June 20, 2023
TO: All Qualified Applicants
FROM: Eric Emmert
POSITION: Entry Level Wastewater Technician
LOCATION: Wastewater Treatment Plant
HOURS OF WORK: Monday – Friday 7AM-3PM (overtime including evenings, weekends, and holidays)
JOB DUTIES: See Attached Job Description
RATE OF PAY: Salary Based on Experience and Qualifications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Position Description
CLOSING DATE: June 27, 2023
The Village of New Lexington is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
POSITION: ENTRY LEVEL WASTEWATER PLANT OPERATOR
DEPARTMENT: WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT
REPORTS TO: WASTEWATER PLANT SUPERINTENDENT
The Wastewater Plant Operator works under the general supervision of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Superintendent. The Wastewater Plant Operator performs routine semi-skilled utility work and maintains the operations of the wastewater plant.
- Collects samples and identifies concentrations of chemical, physical, or biological characteristics of water/wastewater required in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements; Gathers and tests water/wastewater samples for plant efficiency reports as required.
- Performs quality control tests on lab equipment and lab analyses; evaluates procedures and results for accuracy and determines appropriate methods.
- Monitors the performance of all equipment, gauges, and charts in treatment plant; Records statistical data concerning plant operations; Maintains, operates, repairs, and replaces equipment as necessary; Charts lab results for trend analysis and maintains accurate records of analyses and test results; evaluates data and writes reports as required.
- The ability to perform and records arithmetic computations accurately and quickly; Ability to accurately read and record data from various types of meter dials; Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing; Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be willing to obtain a Wastewater Operating License within an appropriate amount of time set by the Wastewater Treatment Plant Director
- Experience in operating and maintaining wastewater treatment plant or related equipment is preferred, but not required
*Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Village of New Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer